STEP 2: Scroll down to select this producer
WHAT I’M LOOKING FOR:
FEATURE OR SHORT NARRATIVE SCRIPTS IN THE SPACES OF HORROR,
DRAMA, SCI-FI, FANTASY, AND ADVENTURE. SCRIPTED TV, AND WEB
SERIES. Also open to DOCUMENTARIES AND DOCU-SERIES SURROUNDING TRUE CRIME.
Scott Alexander Naar is a Jamaican-born screenwriter, producer, and director currently living in Los Angeles. Scott attended both The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale as well as the University of Miami, where he received his MFA in filmmaking in 2018. Since, he’s directed commercials for companies such as Godiva, Dunkin Donuts, and DSW Shoes. He’s also written and directed fifteen short films, finding his niche in stories detailing family dysfunction, mental illness, and cult-like behavior. His films, including his short films BENJAMIN, NIGHTSCAPES and GOLDFISH have gotten into festivals such as Atlanta Sci-Fi Film Festival, Miami Shorts Film Festival, and LA Film Symposium. He’s also sold two short films to Shorts.TV, both of which are currently airing on DirectTV.
Scott has recently found focus and success in the elevated horror genre. His feature-length screenplay DEMON, co-written with his wife and partner Sarah Naar, was a semi-finalist in the 2020 Screencraft Horror Competition, and they later optioned the script. He’s directed two short horror films since 2020, WILLOW & LYDIA, which is currently on the festival circuit, and UMBRA, which has garnered more than ten thousand views on Youtube. Scott’s most recent directing venture was a short film co-written with Sarah in March 2022, highlighting the horrors of immigration in the United States, a subject he’s extremely passionate about given his experiences. While he’s found joy and happiness in his short film endeavors over the years, Scott is looking forward to making his feature-length directing debut in 2023, tackling a modern folk horror co-written with his wife about a dysfunctional family and their secrets.
Get all the help you need.
Select from the options below to begin the journey of bringing your project to the Hollywood market.
Pitch a Producer
By Application OnlyPitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to Scott Naar. If your application is accepted, Scott Naar will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone - you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. Scott Naar will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to
Read more »
Pitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to Scott Naar.
If your application is accepted, Scott Naar will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone – you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. Scott Naar will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to the film/TV industry.
Do you have a book, screenplay, treatment or story idea?
Have you been told it would make for an awesome movie, TV show or web series?
If so, then you’ve probably experienced the age-old paradox that every creator without an agent or connections in the industry faces… you can’t gain access without a track record, yet you can’t get a track record without access.
Voyage solves this problem by giving you 1-on-1 access to A-list producers who make deals in Hollywood everyday.
What will be covered during your call:
• 1-Hour One-On-One Pitch Call – Pitch your project, your vision, and why you think your project would work on screen
• Pitch & Project Feedback – You’ll be given direct and actionable feedback on your pitch and story strengths and weaknesses, including actionable insights on the most marketable aspects of your story or book.
• Project Roadmap – Whether your story is ready for the screen or needs some work, your producer will lay out creative and business steps you’ll need to take to set yourself up for success in the entertainment and/or publishing industries. You will get to keep the physical copy of your Project Roadmap after your call.
• Bonus: 20-minute 1-on-1 Strategic Assessment Call – During this call, you’ll connect with our Director of Project Acquisitions to brainstorm innovative approaches to maximize your project’s potential in the market.
What to expect:
1. Everyone with a story is invited to apply, whether your idea is only in your head, or fully baked as a book or screenplay (and anywhere in between)
2. After clicking the button below, you will be brought to our online application. Plan to spend about 15 minutes completing it.
3. We will review your application and we will be in touch with you within 3 business days with instructions for next steps.
“I would recommend this to writers and authors who are willing and able to work with others and partner together to produce something that can be sold to Hollywood. Voyage provides everything you need to find a producer that matches your needs and pitch your project. It’s a very simple and effective process”
– Joe Bebo, author