What I’m Looking For:
ACTION, HORROR, and THRILLER content in the FEATURE FILM and SCRIPTED TV/MINISERIES formats.
Ryan E. Heppe is a feature film producer, development executive, and screenwriter. Ryan was partnered with legendary film producer David Foster (The Getaway, Short Circuit, The Mask of Zorro) from 2010-2015. He is currently developing a remake of SHORT CIRCUIT as well as adaptations of the T.J. HOOKER television series and the CRASH RYAN comic series, which he is also writing. He’s also set to Executive Produce BRAVADO, a cop thriller at Paramount.
Previously, Ryan was President of Production at David Foster Productions, and was responsible for co-developing Foster’s slate of films including THE THING (2011), THE FOG (2005), THE CORE, HART’S WAR and COLLATERAL DAMAGE. In total, Ryan spent more than fifteen years working alongside the legendary producer.
During those rare moments when he’s not developing a new project, Ryan can be found doing voiceover work in both radio and television, teaching screenwriting for the Film Connection, and working as a freelance story analyst helping those who hope to break into the business get their material in the best shape possible. He also spends a great deal of time at his home edit bay putting together professional grade home movies – which he calls “memories” — of his children.
“I love a good story. Always have. Regardless of genre or medium, there’s no better feeling than taking a germ of an idea and transforming it into a powerful narrative filled with excitement, emotion, and great characters. I’ve never lost my excitement for the process, and I pray I never do.” – Ryan E. Heppe
Get all the help you need.
Select from the options below to begin the journey of bringing your project to the Hollywood market.
Pitch a Producer
By Application OnlyPitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to Ryan Heppe. If your application is accepted, Ryan Heppe will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone - you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. Ryan Heppe will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to
Read more »
Pitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to Ryan Heppe.
If your application is accepted, Ryan Heppe will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone – you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. Ryan Heppe will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to the film/TV industry.
Do you have a book, screenplay, treatment or story idea?
Have you been told it would make for an awesome movie, TV show or web series?
If so, then you’ve probably experienced the age-old paradox that every creator without an agent or connections in the industry faces… you can’t gain access without a track record, yet you can’t get a track record without access.
Voyage solves this problem by giving you 1-on-1 access to A-list producers who make deals in Hollywood everyday.
What will be covered during your call:
• 1-Hour One-On-One Pitch Call – Pitch your project, your vision, and why you think your project would work on screen
• Pitch & Project Feedback – You’ll be given direct and actionable feedback on your pitch and story strengths and weaknesses, including actionable insights on the most marketable aspects of your story or book.
• Project Roadmap – Whether your story is ready for the screen or needs some work, your producer will lay out creative and business steps you’ll need to take to set yourself up for success in the entertainment and/or publishing industries. You will get to keep the physical copy of your Project Roadmap after your call.
• Bonus: 20-minute 1-on-1 Strategic Assessment Call – During this call, you’ll connect with our founder to brainstorm innovative approaches to maximize your project’s potential in the market.
What to expect:
1. Everyone with a story is invited to apply, whether your idea is only in your head, or fully baked as a book or screenplay (and anywhere in between)
2. After clicking the button below, you will be brought to our online application. Plan to spend about 15 minutes completing it.
3. We will review your application and we will be in touch with you within 3 business days with instructions for next steps.
“I would recommend this to writers and authors who are willing and able to work with others and partner together to produce something that can be sold to Hollywood. Voyage provides everything you need to find a producer that matches your needs and pitch your project. It’s a very simple and effective process”
– Joe Bebo, author