STEP 2: Scroll down to select this producer
A DANGEROUS JOURNEY
WHAT I’M LOOKING FOR:
DRAMA, HORROR, SCI-FI, FANTASY, YOUNG ADULT (YA), COMEDY, CRIME, ADVENTURE, LGBTQ+ and INTERNATIONAL/GLOBAL stories in SCRIPTED TV, FEATURE and PODCAST space. He is also looking for COMPELLING UNSCRIPTED/DOCS.
Philip Berger is a producer, EP and development executive with over 15 years experience in the industry. Having worked internationally (Europe / Nordic Countries), he has focused on global productions in the scripted series and feature film space. Having worked with national TV networks such as SVT and NRK, as well as with production companies and studios across the world, he focuses on content that is: authentic, universal audience emotional connection, global/local and has commercial viability.
Philip was the head of a format and development company where he produced and created many formats including THE FUTURE IS NOW (2016). He worked as EP, creator and producer at various Swedish, Norwegian and American production companies and networks, including NRK (Norwegian Broadcasting Corp) developing and producing KADAVER (2018), and via MMC productions with the Russian / Swedish production as creator and producer of MUSIC OF THE FUTURE (2014) and Head of Production at WonderWorld International, creating, producing and directing shows such as A DANGEROUS JOURNEY and THROUGH THE EYES OF A CHILD. (In cooperation with SVT – Swedish Television) – (2017). As well as VP of Production and Development for developing IP from books to art to poetry into film and tv content (2020-present).
He’s amassed years of working experience in script development & Production- adding a sense of out-of-the-box thinking to international cooperation and grounded methods to produce high-quality results. With a sense of what will work on both a local and global scale combined with bringing projects up to speed in terms of storytelling, structure, production set-up and financing. He has also led workshops at film & media festivals in scripting, development and general storytelling, he has a passion in the all of the deep emotions content can convey. Previously at: WonderWorld Productions (Sweden), NRK (Norway), B-Reel (Sweden), SPC Productions (Sweden + USA) and AP Productions (Global).
Philip has a BFA in Film & TV production from Florida State University.
Get all the help you need.
Select from the options below to begin the journey of bringing your project to the Hollywood market.
Pitch a Producer
By Application OnlyPitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to Philip Berger. If your application is accepted, Philip Berger will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone - you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. Philip Berger will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to
Read more »
Pitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to Philip Berger.
If your application is accepted, Philip Berger will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone – you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. Philip Berger will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to the film/TV industry.
Do you have a book, screenplay, treatment or story idea?
Have you been told it would make for an awesome movie, TV show or web series?
If so, then you’ve probably experienced the age-old paradox that every creator without an agent or connections in the industry faces… you can’t gain access without a track record, yet you can’t get a track record without access.
Voyage solves this problem by giving you 1-on-1 access to A-list producers who make deals in Hollywood everyday.
What will be covered during your call:
• 1-Hour One-On-One Pitch Call – Pitch your project, your vision, and why you think your project would work on screen
• Pitch & Project Feedback – You’ll be given direct and actionable feedback on your pitch and story strengths and weaknesses, including actionable insights on the most marketable aspects of your story or book.
• Project Roadmap – Whether your story is ready for the screen or needs some work, your producer will lay out creative and business steps you’ll need to take to set yourself up for success in the entertainment and/or publishing industries. You will get to keep the physical copy of your Project Roadmap after your call.
• Bonus: 20-minute 1-on-1 Strategic Assessment Call – During this call, you’ll connect with our Director of Project Acquisitions to brainstorm innovative approaches to maximize your project’s potential in the market.
What to expect:
1. Everyone with a story is invited to apply, whether your idea is only in your head, or fully baked as a book or screenplay (and anywhere in between)
2. After clicking the button below, you will be brought to our online application. Plan to spend about 15 minutes completing it.
3. We will review your application and we will be in touch with you within 3 business days with instructions for next steps.
“I would recommend this to writers and authors who are willing and able to work with others and partner together to produce something that can be sold to Hollywood. Voyage provides everything you need to find a producer that matches your needs and pitch your project. It’s a very simple and effective process”
– Joe Bebo, author