STEP 2: Scroll down to select this producer
X-MEN 3: THE LAST STAND
<strong> What I'm looking For: </strong>
ACTION ADVENTURE, COMEDY, HORROR, HISTORICAL, FANTASY, DRAMA, SCI-FI, ANIMATION, and BIOGRAPHICAL content in the FEATURE FILM and SCRIPTED TV/MINISERIES, and TV MOVIE OF THE WEEK format.
<strong> About Me: </strong>
Michael Chamoy is a former development executive and television writer. He has extensive experience working on superhero and sci-fi properties and credits his success on an understanding of story structure and refined commercial taste.
Through fifteen years of experience working in Hollywood, Michael has become a sought after script consultant for writers and producers on their material. He is currently developing a science fiction TV show with a producer at Warner Bros and adapting an eco-conscious espionage novel for the screen by a British novelist.
Michael was integral in shaping the pilot and direction for the Alphas TV series. Michael’s involvement with Alphas continued after it was set up at Syfy Channel when he joined the writing staff for both seasons, getting credit for writing the episodes “A Short Time in Paradise” starring Garret Dillahunt and “Alphaville” featuring Summer Glau.
Michael’s involvement with Alphas was a natural outgrowth from his work on comic-book adaptations and other genre stories for screenwriter Zak Penn. Their collaboration began on X-Men 3: The Last Stand and included Marvel properties like The Incredible Hulk and The Avengers.
Zak hired Michael because of his commercial instincts and story-sense, which came from years working as a script consultant for CAA, Rat Entertainment, Shady Acres and various managers and independent firms. As a consultant, Michael read, wrote coverage and extensive notes for over seven hundred scripts or other submissions.
In between working as a script consultant, Michael explored the producing side of the business, starting at Michael Douglas’ Furthur Films. At Furthur, Michael participated in the development of One Night at McCools, Swimfan and Don’t Say a Word. Soon after, Michael became the director of development for Leanna Creel’s Anomaly Productions. At Anomaly, Michael set up a dozen indie projects with financiers, talent and directors as well as worked with a stable of writers to help them develop their craft.
Michael initially moved to Los Angeles after optioning a horror screenplay he wrote, but when the project went into turnaround he transitioned to the Story Department at CAA. Once at the agency, he managed script submissions, client script coverage and helped build a database consolidating all open assignments around town.
Michael’s long and varied experiences in Hollywood have given him a unique perspective on what makes a good story, as well as what elements best attract top talent and representation to material. He hopes his work at Voyage Media will allow him to continue assisting other writers and producers to optimize their projects so that they reach their maximum creative potential.
Get all the help you need.
Select from the options below to begin the journey of bringing your project to the Hollywood market.
Pitch a Producer
By Application OnlyPitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to Michael Chamoy. If your application is accepted, Michael Chamoy will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone - you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. Michael Chamoy will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic roadmap for how best to develop and market it to the
Read more »
Pitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to Michael Chamoy.
If your application is accepted, Michael Chamoy will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone – you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. Michael Chamoy will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic roadmap for how best to develop and market it to the film/TV industry.
Do you have a book, screenplay, treatment or story idea?
Have you been told it would make for an awesome movie, TV show or web series?
If so, then you’ve probably experienced the age-old paradox that every creator without an agent or connections in the industry faces… you can’t gain access without a track record, yet you can’t get a track record without access.
Voyage solves this problem by giving you 1-on-1 access to A-list producers who make deals in Hollywood everyday.
What will be covered during your call:
• 1-Hour One-On-One Pitch Call – Pitch your project, your vision, and why you think your project would work on screen
• Pitch & Project Feedback – You’ll be given direct and actionable feedback on your pitch and story strengths and weaknesses, including actionable insights on the most marketable aspects of your story or book.
• Project Roadmap – Whether your story is ready for the screen or needs some work, your producer will lay out creative and business steps you’ll need to take to set yourself up for success in the entertainment and/or publishing industries. You will get to keep the physical copy of your Project Roadmap after your call.
• Bonus: 20-minute 1-on-1 Strategic Assessment Call – During this call, you’ll connect with our Director of Project Acquisitions to brainstorm innovative approaches to maximize your project’s potential in the market.
What to expect:
1. Everyone with a story is invited to apply, whether your idea is only in your head, or fully baked as a book or screenplay (and anywhere in between)
2. After clicking the button below, you will be brought to our online application. Plan to spend about 15 minutes completing it.
3. We will review your application and we will be in touch with you within 3 business days with instructions for next steps.
“I would recommend this to writers and authors who are willing and able to work with others and partner together to produce something that can be sold to Hollywood. Voyage provides everything you need to find a producer that matches your needs and pitch your project. It’s a very simple and effective process”
– Joe Bebo, author