What I’m Looking For:
DOCUMENTARY, REALITY SERIES, and BRANDED CONTENT in TV and Scripted Formats.
Matt Ogens is an award-winning filmmaker known for capturing an evocative visual and narrative aesthetic across a variety of media including documentary, film and television, branded content, virtual and augmented reality.
His breakthrough documentary “Confessions of a Superhero” premiered at SXSW to critical acclaim and attracted a devoted following, and he subsequently went on to earn a Primetime Emmy Award for his “From Harlem with Love” installment of ESPN 30 for 30. Recent projects include the Emmy-nominated documentary series “Why We Fight,” which Ogens created and executive produces, as well as the Emmy-nominated “LA Louvre,” an augmented reality film he directed for RYOT and Huffington Post. He has earned three more Emmy nominations for his series work. In addition, he just directed two films for the UFC’s 25 Years in Short series, which was nominated for an Emmy Award and won a Clio.
Matt’s new feature doc “Home + Away”, which follows high school athletes living on the US/Mexico border, premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival.
Ogens collaborates with top agencies and brands, helming major campaigns for brands such as Land Rover, IBM, Ford, Hyundai, ESPN, Ancestry.com, McDonald’s, Visa, Mitsubishi, Toyota, Coors Light, and Nascar amongst others. That work has garnered several prominent awards including a SXSW Interactive Award, Clios, One Show, and Cannes Lions.
Most recently, he directed a Super Bowl campaign for Verizon titled “The Team Who Wouldn’t Be Here”. Executive produced by Peter Berg, the project consisted of a documentary, short films, eight spots, two Super Bowl commercials, and earned three Cannes Lions.
Recently, Matt Ogens was an executive producer and filmmaker-in-residence at Film 45, Peter Berg’s unscripted company, developing documentaries and documentary series projects. He is represented for spots and branded content at Bullitt.
Ogens is currently in post-production on a Netflix Original film he directed.
Get all the help you need.
Select from the options below to begin the journey of bringing your project to the Hollywood market.
Pitch a Producer
By Application OnlyPitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to Matt Ogens. If your application is accepted, Matt Ogens will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone - you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. Matt Ogens will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to
Read more »
Pitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to Matt Ogens.
If your application is accepted, Matt Ogens will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone – you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. Matt Ogens will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to the film/TV industry.
Do you have a book, screenplay, treatment or story idea?
Have you been told it would make for an awesome movie, TV show or web series?
If so, then you’ve probably experienced the age-old paradox that every creator without an agent or connections in the industry faces… you can’t gain access without a track record, yet you can’t get a track record without access.
Voyage solves this problem by giving you 1-on-1 access to A-list producers who make deals in Hollywood everyday.
What will be covered during your call:
• 1-Hour One-On-One Pitch Call – Pitch your project, your vision, and why you think your project would work on screen
• Pitch & Project Feedback – You’ll be given direct and actionable feedback on your pitch and story strengths and weaknesses, including actionable insights on the most marketable aspects of your story or book.
• Project Roadmap – Whether your story is ready for the screen or needs some work, your producer will lay out creative and business steps you’ll need to take to set yourself up for success in the entertainment and/or publishing industries. You will get to keep the physical copy of your Project Roadmap after your call.
• Bonus: 20-minute 1-on-1 Strategic Assessment Call – During this call, you’ll connect with our founder to brainstorm innovative approaches to maximize your project’s potential in the market.
What to expect:
1. Everyone with a story is invited to apply, whether your idea is only in your head, or fully baked as a book or screenplay (and anywhere in between)
2. After clicking the button below, you will be brought to our online application. Plan to spend about 15 minutes completing it.
3. We will review your application and we will be in touch with you within 3 business days with instructions for next steps.
“I would recommend this to writers and authors who are willing and able to work with others and partner together to produce something that can be sold to Hollywood. Voyage provides everything you need to find a producer that matches your needs and pitch your project. It’s a very simple and effective process”
– Joe Bebo, author