STEP 2: Scroll down to select this producer
WHAT I’M LOOKING FOR::
UNSCRIPTED REALITY TELEVISION and NON-FICTION content, including but not limited to DOCU-SERIES and formats e.g., TALENT-DRIVEN SERIES, SOCIAL EXPERIMENTS, COMPETITION ELIMINATION SHOWS, TRANSFORMATIONAL SHOWS, GAME SHOWS, TALK SHOWS, NEWS MAGAZINE SHOWS, and SHORT-FORM DOCUMENTARY SERIES.
Kipling Wilson is an unscripted television development executive and producer. He brings more than a decade of premium non-fiction programming and reality TV experience to Voyage Media. Kipling began his career on the east coast working as a television news producer. He enjoyed working in the media, but higher aspirations of producing reality television led him away from the newsroom. Inspired by opportunities in the unscripted world, he packed up and moved to Los Angeles.
In a short amount of time, the former journalist secured jobs working in production on reality shows with Mark Burnett Productions, Oprah Winfrey’s Harpo Productions, and Jerry Bruckheimer Television. Soon after, Kipling gained acceptance into the Agent Training Program at APA Talent Agency in Beverly Hills. While working in the Alternative and Factual Programming Department, he became intrigued with unscripted television development.
In the following years, Kipling worked with some of the most in-demand and accomplished producers. These opportunities were a game-changer for his career. Before working with Voyage, Kipling managed development efforts at eOne and 3Ball Entertainment. Kipling helped develop breakout shows like ADVENTURE CAPITALISTS (CNBC), CATCH A CONTRACTOR (Spike TV/Paramount Network), and REMOTE SURVIVAL (National Geographic).
Kipling Wilson graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Journalism and Mass Communication (Broadcast Production) from North Carolina A&T State University. He is also a member of The Hollywood Radio & Television Society.
Get all the help you need.
Select from the options below to begin the journey of bringing your project to the Hollywood market.
Pitch a Producer
By Application OnlyPitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to Kipling Wilson. If your application is accepted, Kipling Wilson will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone - you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. Kipling Wilson will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to
Read more »
Pitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to Kipling Wilson.
If your application is accepted, Kipling Wilson will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone – you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. Kipling Wilson will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to the film/TV industry.
Do you have a book, screenplay, treatment or story idea?
Have you been told it would make for an awesome movie, TV show or web series?
If so, then you’ve probably experienced the age-old paradox that every creator without an agent or connections in the industry faces… you can’t gain access without a track record, yet you can’t get a track record without access.
Voyage solves this problem by giving you 1-on-1 access to A-list producers who make deals in Hollywood everyday.
What will be covered during your call:
• 1-Hour One-On-One Pitch Call – Pitch your project, your vision, and why you think your project would work on screen
• Pitch & Project Feedback – You’ll be given direct and actionable feedback on your pitch and story strengths and weaknesses, including actionable insights on the most marketable aspects of your story or book.
• Project Roadmap – Whether your story is ready for the screen or needs some work, your producer will lay out creative and business steps you’ll need to take to set yourself up for success in the entertainment and/or publishing industries. You will get to keep the physical copy of your Project Roadmap after your call.
• Bonus: 20-minute 1-on-1 Strategic Assessment Call – During this call, you’ll connect with our Director of Project Acquisitions to brainstorm innovative approaches to maximize your project’s potential in the market.
What to expect:
1. Everyone with a story is invited to apply, whether your idea is only in your head, or fully baked as a book or screenplay (and anywhere in between)
2. After clicking the button below, you will be brought to our online application. Plan to spend about 15 minutes completing it.
3. We will review your application and we will be in touch with you within 3 business days with instructions for next steps.
“I would recommend this to writers and authors who are willing and able to work with others and partner together to produce something that can be sold to Hollywood. Voyage provides everything you need to find a producer that matches your needs and pitch your project. It’s a very simple and effective process”
– Joe Bebo, author