STEP 2: Scroll down to select this producer
WHAT I’M LOOKING FOR:
SPIRITUALLY-MINDED projects that elevate the FAITH-BASED genre, plus COMEDY, DRAMA, THRILLER, HORROR, and SCI-FI features with cinematic and visual potential – stories that open audiences up to new worlds, new people, and new experiences.
Justin Bell is a film, TV, and branded entertainment producer based in Los Angeles, and a graduate of the Peter Stark Producing Program (MFA) at University of Southern California and from Wheaton College in Illinois (B.A.). He’s produced notable independent features such as the low-fi superhero movie THE HYPERIONS starring Cary Elwes and Penelope Mitchell, faith-based movie FULL OF GRACE (Cinedigm/PureFlix), the Asian-American drama A LEADING MAN (Mance Media), and he co-produced BAFTA winner Michael Radford’s romantic comedy ELSA & FRED (ALCHEMY) starring Academy Award-winners Shirley MacLaine and Christopher Plummer.
In television, Justin produced the TV pilot JOURNEY TO THE EAST, as well as the digital comedy series ASK J and JUDGMENTAL MOOSE, and associate produced two NBC family movies financed by P&G and Walmart – GAME TIME: TACKLING THE PAST and FIELD OF VISION – an experience that has launched him into producing commercials for global brands such as CoverGirl, Gillette, Mattel, VTech and many others.
He is the former Director of Development & Production for Academy Award-winning producer Edward Saxon (THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS). He helped Mr Saxon produce Sam Mendes’ AWAY WE GO at Focus Features and OUR FAMILY WEDDING at Fox Searchlight.
Justin frequently serves as a creative marketing consultant for Hollywood studios and producers when they are distributing mainstream movies containing faith-infused content, including but not limited to: Mark Burnett and Roma Downey’s SON OF GOD at 20th Century Fox, and THE SHACK at Lionsgate. Bell also holds an M.Div from Fuller Theological Seminary and specializes in producing narrative media content for non-profit organizations such as: Compassion International, World Vision, One Campaign, and more.
Get all the help you need.
Select from the options below to begin the journey of bringing your project to the Hollywood market.
Pitch a Producer
By Application OnlyPitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to Justin Bell If your application is accepted, Justin Bell will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone - you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. Justin Bell will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to
Read more »
Pitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to Justin Bell
If your application is accepted, Justin Bell will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone – you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. Justin Bell will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to the film/TV industry.
Do you have a book, screenplay, treatment or story idea?
Have you been told it would make for an awesome movie, TV show or web series?
If so, then you’ve probably experienced the age-old paradox that every creator without an agent or connections in the industry faces… you can’t gain access without a track record, yet you can’t get a track record without access.
Voyage solves this problem by giving you 1-on-1 access to A-list producers who make deals in Hollywood everyday.
What will be covered during your call:
• 1-Hour One-On-One Pitch Call – Pitch your project, your vision, and why you think your project would work on screen
• Pitch & Project Feedback – You’ll be given direct and actionable feedback on your pitch and story strengths and weaknesses, including actionable insights on the most marketable aspects of your story or book.
• Project Roadmap – Whether your story is ready for the screen or needs some work, your producer will lay out creative and business steps you’ll need to take to set yourself up for success in the entertainment and/or publishing industries. You will get to keep the physical copy of your Project Roadmap after your call.
• Bonus: 20-minute 1-on-1 Strategic Assessment Call – During this call, you’ll connect with our Director of Project Acquisitions to brainstorm innovative approaches to maximize your project’s potential in the market.
What to expect:
1. Everyone with a story is invited to apply, whether your idea is only in your head, or fully baked as a book or screenplay (and anywhere in between)
2. After clicking the button below, you will be brought to our online application. Plan to spend about 15 minutes completing it.
3. We will review your application and we will be in touch with you within 3 business days with instructions for next steps.
“I would recommend this to writers and authors who are willing and able to work with others and partner together to produce something that can be sold to Hollywood. Voyage provides everything you need to find a producer that matches your needs and pitch your project. It’s a very simple and effective process”
– Joe Bebo, author