What I’m looking for:
Opportunities to help screenwriters hone their craft. I’m also drawn to genre projects – SCI-FI, THRILLER, HORROR, FANTASY – FAMILY FILMS in practically any MOLD, VIDEO GAME MYTHOLOGY, and COMICS/GRAPHIC NOVELS.
Joshua Malkin graduated from AFI with an emphasis in Directing and has written feature projects for Sony, Warner Brothers, Cross Creek Entertainment, Universal Pictures as well as for more than a dozen production companies, both big and small. These include: an adaptation of the 80s cult franchise Beastmaster, a supernatural family film for WB, an adaptation of Buck Rogers In the 25th Century for Fox and a couple episodes of the animated series Angel Wars. He wrote and produced three documentaries; two about the art of puppetry, and the other about underground comics.
The Trenches! Additionally, Joshua has produced advertising content and campaigns for clients including BMW, Toyota, Audi, Volkswagen and Hyundai. This nuts and bolts training has afforded him budget-sensitive eyes – the ability to blend creative and practically grounded insight.
Games! His work in the videogame industry (to be released titles: The Unknown 9 and Star Citizen) has offered him valuable experience in the mechanics of evolving platforms.
Comics are the best! Joshua co-wrote The Source – a 4-issue series for Scout Comics, a top-selling title in 2018. In 2019 the collection was rereleased as a Trade Paperback, and quickly sold out. His young-adult graphic novel Unikorn will be released in October 2020.
Joshua is also a professor of screenwriting at the University of California Riverside and the proud – if bewildered – father of twins.
Get all the help you need.
Select from the options below to begin the journey of bringing your project to the Hollywood market.
Pitch a Producer
By Application OnlyPitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to Joshua Malkin If your application is accepted, Joshua Malkin will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone - you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. Joshua Malkin will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to
Read more »
Pitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to Joshua Malkin
If your application is accepted, Joshua Malkin will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone – you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. Joshua Malkin will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to the film/TV industry.
Do you have a book, screenplay, treatment or story idea?
Have you been told it would make for an awesome movie, TV show or web series?
If so, then you’ve probably experienced the age-old paradox that every creator without an agent or connections in the industry faces… you can’t gain access without a track record, yet you can’t get a track record without access.
Voyage solves this problem by giving you 1-on-1 access to A-list producers who make deals in Hollywood everyday.
What will be covered during your call:
• 1-Hour One-On-One Pitch Call – Pitch your project, your vision, and why you think your project would work on screen
• Pitch & Project Feedback – You’ll be given direct and actionable feedback on your pitch and story strengths and weaknesses, including actionable insights on the most marketable aspects of your story or book.
• Project Roadmap – Whether your story is ready for the screen or needs some work, your producer will lay out creative and business steps you’ll need to take to set yourself up for success in the entertainment and/or publishing industries. You will get to keep the physical copy of your Project Roadmap after your call.
• Bonus: 20-minute 1-on-1 Strategic Assessment Call – During this call, you’ll connect with our founder to brainstorm innovative approaches to maximize your project’s potential in the market.
What to expect:
1. Everyone with a story is invited to apply, whether your idea is only in your head, or fully baked as a book or screenplay (and anywhere in between)
2. After clicking the button below, you will be brought to our online application. Plan to spend about 15 minutes completing it.
3. We will review your application and we will be in touch with you within 3 business days with instructions for next steps.
“I would recommend this to writers and authors who are willing and able to work with others and partner together to produce something that can be sold to Hollywood. Voyage provides everything you need to find a producer that matches your needs and pitch your project. It’s a very simple and effective process”
– Joe Bebo, author