STEP 2: Scroll down to select this producer
WHAT I’M LOOKING FOR
CHILDREN’S/FAMILY SERIES and ANIMATION, LIVE ACTION in FEATURE FILMS.
Jonathan Rosenthal has worked as a writer and creative executive in the animation and family entertainment business for over twenty years. Most recently Jonathan has been writing for TOM AND JERRY, GOLDIE AND BEAR, and MOTOWN MAGIC.
Jonathan began his career at San Francisco’s legendary animation production house, Colossal Pictures, where he worked closely with the likes of John Stevenson, director of KUNG FU PANDA, Tony Stacchi, director of THE BOX TROLLS, Peter Chung, creator of AEON FLUX, Prudence Fenton, PEE-WEE’S PLAYHOUSE,LIQUID TELEVISION, to name a few. While at Colossal, Jonathan was key in discovering BEAVIS AND BUTT-HEAD, and unleashing the show on an unsuspecting American public.
Relocating to Los Angeles, Jonathan worked for Universal Television as Director of Development for Universal Cartoon Studios/Universal Family Entertainment where among other projects he took charge of the television adaptation of the hit video game, EARTHWORM JIM, collaborating with creator Doug Tennapel. As an executive at Universal, Jonathan spearheaded two acclaimed anime short features, DARK FURY directed by Peter Chung, and THE LONDON ASSIGNMENT directed by Sharon Bridgeman. He also was deeply involved in the production and development of the cult-hit animestyle show EXOSQUAD, on which among other duties, he supervised all of the voice sessions. Jonathan was also part of the creative team behind the LAND BEFORE TIME sequel series. Jonathan joined Fox Kids Network as Vice President of Development where he and his team oversaw MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS, DIGIMON, THE MAGIC SCHOOLBUS and other shows.
Jonathan found that his social circle was mostly made up of the writers who worked for him, and soon those writers turned the tables, putting him to work for them. Jonathan’s first credits included HEY ARNOLD! and RECESS where he started his frequent creative collaborations with Paul Germain and Joe Ansolabehere, the creators of RUGRATS, RECESS, LLOYD IN SPACE. Jonathan has written features that have been optioned by Joan Singleton, BECAUSE OF WINN-DIXIE, and Ilyssa Goodman, THE STANDOFF. Jonathan has written for a number of other shows in the kids and family space including MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS, SPECIAL AGENT OSO, THE WEEKENDERS, and POUND PUPPIES. Jonathan currently has a number of projects on his own as well as with Paul and Joe, Michael Carrington (THE SIMPSONS, THAT’S SO RAVEN, MOTOWN MAGIC), and other collaborators.
Get all the help you need.
Select from the options below to begin the journey of bringing your project to the Hollywood market.
Pitch a Producer
By Application OnlyPitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to Jonathan Rosenthal. If your application is accepted, Jonathan Rosenthal will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone - you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. Jonathan Rosenthal will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to
Read more »
Pitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to Jonathan Rosenthal.
If your application is accepted, Jonathan Rosenthal will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone – you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. Jonathan Rosenthal will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to the film/TV industry.
Do you have a book, screenplay, treatment or story idea?
Have you been told it would make for an awesome movie, TV show or web series?
If so, then you’ve probably experienced the age-old paradox that every creator without an agent or connections in the industry faces… you can’t gain access without a track record, yet you can’t get a track record without access.
Voyage solves this problem by giving you 1-on-1 access to A-list producers who make deals in Hollywood everyday.
What will be covered during your call:
• 1-Hour One-On-One Pitch Call – Pitch your project, your vision, and why you think your project would work on screen
• Pitch & Project Feedback – You’ll be given direct and actionable feedback on your pitch and story strengths and weaknesses, including actionable insights on the most marketable aspects of your story or book.
• Project Roadmap – Whether your story is ready for the screen or needs some work, your producer will lay out creative and business steps you’ll need to take to set yourself up for success in the entertainment and/or publishing industries. You will get to keep the physical copy of your Project Roadmap after your call.
• Bonus: 20-minute 1-on-1 Strategic Assessment Call – During this call, you’ll connect with our Director of Project Acquisitions to brainstorm innovative approaches to maximize your project’s potential in the market.
What to expect:
1. Everyone with a story is invited to apply, whether your idea is only in your head, or fully baked as a book or screenplay (and anywhere in between)
2. After clicking the button below, you will be brought to our online application. Plan to spend about 15 minutes completing it.
3. We will review your application and we will be in touch with you within 3 business days with instructions for next steps.
“I would recommend this to writers and authors who are willing and able to work with others and partner together to produce something that can be sold to Hollywood. Voyage provides everything you need to find a producer that matches your needs and pitch your project. It’s a very simple and effective process”
– Joe Bebo, author