John Crye spent 10+ years as the Director of Creative affairs at Newmarket Films. While at Newmarket, he developed, acquired, or distributed such classic independent films as MEMENTO (dir. Christopher Nolan), DONNIE DARKO, and WHALE RIDER, THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST, and MONSTER. Crye later served as Vice President of Acquisitions and Production for Exclusive Media Group and Wrekin Hill Entertainment, where he acquired and distributed such films as THE WAY BACK, HESHER, and CREATION, starring Paul Bettany as Charles Darwin.
As a founding member of the film collective FEWDIO, Crye wrote, directed, and produced the seminal web series Nightmare House, which amassed a fan base of 3 million. Crye’s producing credits also include THE ADVENTURES OF SANTA CLAUS, an animated feature based on the work of L. Frank Baum, and James Ferguson’s 2008 feature, HAPPY HOLIDAYS. Since launching his own company, SharpCrye, he has become a much sought after consultant for his expertise in story development and production. His current slate includes a number of feature and television projects developed through his relationship with Voyage creators.
Get all the help you need.
Select from the options below to begin the journey of bringing your project to the Hollywood market.
Pitch a Producer
By Application OnlyPitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to John Crye. If your application is accepted, John Crye will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone - you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. John Crye will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to
Read more »
Pitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to John Crye.
If your application is accepted, John Crye will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone – you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. John Crye will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to the film/TV industry.
Do you have a book, screenplay, treatment or story idea?
Have you been told it would make for an awesome movie, TV show or web series?
If so, then you’ve probably experienced the age-old paradox that every creator without an agent or connections in the industry faces… you can’t gain access without a track record, yet you can’t get a track record without access.
Voyage solves this problem by giving you 1-on-1 access to A-list producers who make deals in Hollywood everyday.
What will be covered during your call:
• 1-Hour One-On-One Pitch Call – Pitch your project, your vision, and why you think your project would work on screen
• Pitch & Project Feedback – You’ll be given direct and actionable feedback on your pitch and story strengths and weaknesses, including actionable insights on the most marketable aspects of your story or book.
• Project Roadmap – Whether your story is ready for the screen or needs some work, your producer will lay out creative and business steps you’ll need to take to set yourself up for success in the entertainment and/or publishing industries. You will get to keep the physical copy of your Project Roadmap after your call.
• Bonus: 20-minute 1-on-1 Strategic Assessment Call – During this call, you’ll connect with our founder to brainstorm innovative approaches to maximize your project’s potential in the market.
What to expect:
1. Everyone with a story is invited to apply, whether your idea is only in your head, or fully baked as a book or screenplay (and anywhere in between)
2. After clicking the button below, you will be brought to our online application. Plan to spend about 15 minutes completing it.
3. We will review your application and we will be in touch with you within 3 business days with instructions for next steps.
“I would recommend this to writers and authors who are willing and able to work with others and partner together to produce something that can be sold to Hollywood. Voyage provides everything you need to find a producer that matches your needs and pitch your project. It’s a very simple and effective process”
– Joe Bebo, author