STEP 2: Scroll down to select this producer
WHAT I’M LOOKING FOR:
DOCUMENTARIES, DOCU-SERIES and FEATURES in the SOCIAL JUSTICE ISSUES SPACE.
Jasmine C. Leyva is a producer, writer and former undergraduate screenwriting instructor with fifteen years of industry experience. With a deep desire to use art as a vehicle for positive change, the majority of her work has centered around documentary-style projects. She was a
producer and writer on the biographical docu-series BEING, she has worked on VH1’S BEHIND THE MUSIC, and she has worked on the NAACP award-winning docu-series UNSUNG. Aside
from network projects, she has produced her own independent documentary entitled THE INVISIBLE VEGAN, that can be found on Amazon Prime, TubiTV, or KweliTV—the first black female owned streaming service, and she is currently working on a follow-up documentary entitled THE INVISIBLE SHAME starring Vivica A Fox.
Jasmine has always had an affinity for storytelling. She taught undergraduate screenwriting at California State University, Northridge and she was also acknowledged and awarded for her screenplay MISSION COLLEGE by the International Screenwriters Association. Recently, she
worked as a story producer on the hit NBC show AMERICA’S GOT TALENT, where she was responsible for developing and packaging stories about the shows’ contestants. She went on to produce on another show for NBC, but she is now taking a break from network shows to work
on her own project. When Jasmine began working in the industry, she tried a variety of jobs in entertainment. She helped to cast shows for the Food Network, she worked in court TV, she put her own short film through the festival circuit, she worked at one of the major talent agencies in Los Angeles, and
all of these experiences have helped to make her a full-rounded producer. She can produce on a mega production like AGT, but she can also put her own independent project together from start to finish, so she is really excited about working with fellow visionaries.
Jasmine has an MFA in Screenwriting and BA in Film, TV and Media.
Get all the help you need.
Select from the options below to begin the journey of bringing your project to the Hollywood market.
Pitch a Producer
By Application OnlyPitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to Jasmine Leyva. If your application is accepted, Jasmine Leyva will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone - you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. Jasmine Leyva will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to
Read more »
Pitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to Jasmine Leyva.
If your application is accepted, Jasmine Leyva will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone – you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. Jasmine Leyva will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to the film/TV industry.
Do you have a book, screenplay, treatment or story idea?
Have you been told it would make for an awesome movie, TV show or web series?
If so, then you’ve probably experienced the age-old paradox that every creator without an agent or connections in the industry faces… you can’t gain access without a track record, yet you can’t get a track record without access.
Voyage solves this problem by giving you 1-on-1 access to A-list producers who make deals in Hollywood everyday.
What will be covered during your call:
• 1-Hour One-On-One Pitch Call – Pitch your project, your vision, and why you think your project would work on screen
• Pitch & Project Feedback – You’ll be given direct and actionable feedback on your pitch and story strengths and weaknesses, including actionable insights on the most marketable aspects of your story or book.
• Project Roadmap – Whether your story is ready for the screen or needs some work, your producer will lay out creative and business steps you’ll need to take to set yourself up for success in the entertainment and/or publishing industries. You will get to keep the physical copy of your Project Roadmap after your call.
• Bonus: 20-minute 1-on-1 Strategic Assessment Call – During this call, you’ll connect with our Director of Project Acquisitions to brainstorm innovative approaches to maximize your project’s potential in the market.
What to expect:
1. Everyone with a story is invited to apply, whether your idea is only in your head, or fully baked as a book or screenplay (and anywhere in between)
2. After clicking the button below, you will be brought to our online application. Plan to spend about 15 minutes completing it.
3. We will review your application and we will be in touch with you within 3 business days with instructions for next steps.
“I would recommend this to writers and authors who are willing and able to work with others and partner together to produce something that can be sold to Hollywood. Voyage provides everything you need to find a producer that matches your needs and pitch your project. It’s a very simple and effective process”
– Joe Bebo, author