STEP 2: Scroll down to select this producer
WHAT I’M LOOKING FOR:
YOUNG ADULT, FAMILY, THRILLER, SCI-FI, ANIMATION in SCRIPTED and TV FORMATS
Denise Carlson is a producer and development executive with over 25 years of experience, at companies including William Morris, New Line Cinema and Disney. Her specialty is YA and family entertainment as well as female driven projects. At Disney Channel she was responsible for overseeing the development and production of 47 television movies, including the megahit HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL, as well as franchises such as HALLOWEENTOWN and THE CHEETAH GIRLS movies. Denise was also the Executive Producer of BAD HAIR DAY for Disney Channel.
Most recently Denise was a producer on the Disney + docuseries IT’S A DOG’S LIFE. She Is also a producer on the independently produced series THE DISAPPOINTMENTS, which is currently in post-production.
Denise has done consulting work for companies including ABC, Disney Launchpad, the Rawi Screenwriting Lab, The Hub children’s network and Yippee TV. She teaches producing at New York Film Academy’s Los Angeles campus, and she is proud to be on the board of the LA Femme film festival, which celebrates films by and about women.
Before becoming a producer Denise was a founding member of LA’s ComedySportz improv troupe, performing at venues including the Ice House and Comedy Store.
Get all the help you need.
Select from the options below to begin the journey of bringing your project to the Hollywood market.
Pitch a Producer
By Application OnlyPitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to Denise Carlson. If your application is accepted, Denise Carlson will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone - you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. Denise Carlson will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to
Read more »
Pitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to Denise Carlson.
If your application is accepted, Denise Carlson will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone – you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. Denise Carlson will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to the film/TV industry.
Do you have a book, screenplay, treatment or story idea?
Have you been told it would make for an awesome movie, TV show or web series?
If so, then you’ve probably experienced the age-old paradox that every creator without an agent or connections in the industry faces… you can’t gain access without a track record, yet you can’t get a track record without access.
Voyage solves this problem by giving you 1-on-1 access to A-list producers who make deals in Hollywood everyday.
What will be covered during your call:
• 1-Hour One-On-One Pitch Call – Pitch your project, your vision, and why you think your project would work on screen
• Pitch & Project Feedback – You’ll be given direct and actionable feedback on your pitch and story strengths and weaknesses, including actionable insights on the most marketable aspects of your story or book.
• Project Roadmap – Whether your story is ready for the screen or needs some work, your producer will lay out creative and business steps you’ll need to take to set yourself up for success in the entertainment and/or publishing industries. You will get to keep the physical copy of your Project Roadmap after your call.
• Bonus: 20-minute 1-on-1 Strategic Assessment Call – During this call, you’ll connect with our founder to brainstorm innovative approaches to maximize your project’s potential in the market.
What to expect:
1. Everyone with a story is invited to apply, whether your idea is only in your head, or fully baked as a book or screenplay (and anywhere in between)
2. After clicking the button below, you will be brought to our online application. Plan to spend about 15 minutes completing it.
3. We will review your application and we will be in touch with you within 3 business days with instructions for next steps.
“I would recommend this to writers and authors who are willing and able to work with others and partner together to produce something that can be sold to Hollywood. Voyage provides everything you need to find a producer that matches your needs and pitch your project. It’s a very simple and effective process”
– Joe Bebo, author