STEP 2: Scroll down to select this producer
WHAT I’M LOOKING FOR:
SCI-FI, CRIME, DRAMA, THRILLER & ACTION & ADVENTURE, HISTORICAL/PERIOD in SCRIPTED & TV FORMATS
Award winning actor, producer and writer David O’Donnell has been operating on both sides of the camera for the last 25 years. Grandson of the great Kenny O’Donnell- JFK’s Chief of Staff- David split from the family tradition of politics to go into film. While racking up an impressive list of over 70 TV and Film credits as an actor, David cut his teeth as a producer working with global commercial brands like Adidas, Nike, Coca-Cola, Ford, NETFLIX and Fiat to name a few.
In 2018, David graduated to the role of Executive Producer on a feature for the Hallmark Channel which was a hit for them out of the gate and garnered them over 3 million viewers. Due to the success of that first film, his second outing for them as Executive Producer became the Hallmark Hall of Fame movie of 2019 which lead their Holiday Season campaign.
While at Giovanni Ribisi’s Stellascope Pictures, David was head of production and produced multiple commercials and three music videos for BECK and Capitol Records, Sony Music, and Wreckroom Records.
In 2020, David Produced the dystopian sci-fi short film PROXY starring THE GLOAMING’S Emma Booth and PARENTHOOD’S Erika Christensen which has been selected to over 20 festivals and won six awards. PROXY is now being turned into a high-concept television series by Anonymous Content with David attached to produce.
Currently, David is independently producing TV projects in the ’sci-fi’ and ‘crime/drama’ space and has shows set up at Appian Way (THE REVENANT, RICHARD JEWELL) Jackson Pictures (TRIAL OF THE CHICAGO SEVEN, MOLLY’S GAME) and Anonymous Content.
Get all the help you need.
Select from the options below to begin the journey of bringing your project to the Hollywood market.
Pitch a Producer
By Application OnlyPitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to David O'Donnell. If your application is accepted, David O'Donnell will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone - you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. David O'Donnell will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to
Read more »
Pitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to David O’Donnell.
If your application is accepted, David O’Donnell will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone – you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. David O’Donnell will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to the film/TV industry.
Do you have a book, screenplay, treatment or story idea?
Have you been told it would make for an awesome movie, TV show or web series?
If so, then you’ve probably experienced the age-old paradox that every creator without an agent or connections in the industry faces… you can’t gain access without a track record, yet you can’t get a track record without access.
Voyage solves this problem by giving you 1-on-1 access to A-list producers who make deals in Hollywood everyday.
What will be covered during your call:
• 1-Hour One-On-One Pitch Call – Pitch your project, your vision, and why you think your project would work on screen
• Pitch & Project Feedback – You’ll be given direct and actionable feedback on your pitch and story strengths and weaknesses, including actionable insights on the most marketable aspects of your story or book.
• Project Roadmap – Whether your story is ready for the screen or needs some work, your producer will lay out creative and business steps you’ll need to take to set yourself up for success in the entertainment and/or publishing industries. You will get to keep the physical copy of your Project Roadmap after your call.
• Bonus: 20-minute 1-on-1 Strategic Assessment Call – During this call, you’ll connect with our Director of Project Acquisitions to brainstorm innovative approaches to maximize your project’s potential in the market.
What to expect:
1. Everyone with a story is invited to apply, whether your idea is only in your head, or fully baked as a book or screenplay (and anywhere in between)
2. After clicking the button below, you will be brought to our online application. Plan to spend about 15 minutes completing it.
3. We will review your application and we will be in touch with you within 3 business days with instructions for next steps.
“I would recommend this to writers and authors who are willing and able to work with others and partner together to produce something that can be sold to Hollywood. Voyage provides everything you need to find a producer that matches your needs and pitch your project. It’s a very simple and effective process”
– Joe Bebo, author