STEP 2: Scroll down to select this producer
WHAT I’M LOOKING FOR:
UNSCRIPTED SERIES / REALITY SERIES / NON-FICTION DOCU-SERIES and FEATURE DOCS
David Levitt is a development and casting executive with over a decade of experience and a proven track record in generating ideas, developing, casting, writing, producing, packaging and selling non-fiction TV series, from concept through pitch to green-light. His industry peers recognize him as an extremely creative and collaborative outside-the-box thinker with strong communication skills and storytelling abilities. He has a true passion for television and film.
David ran the development and casting departments for the U.S.-based production companies 2C Media, Superfine Films, Picture Shack Entertainment, and Gulp Pictures. Some of the shows he co-created, developed, cast, and sold include the true crime series, OVER MY DEAD BODY hosted by Linda Hamilton (Investigation Discovery), the competitive country music docuseries, CHASING NASHVILLE (Lifetime), the Appalachian survival/build series, HILLBILLY BLOOD (Destination America), the wild animal extraction series, THE SKUNK WHISPERER (Animal Planet), the West Coast car-flipping series, TURN AND BURN (Discovery Channel), the sustainable off-grid home building show, BUILDING OFF THE GRID: EARTHSHIP (DIY Network), the comedic family docuseries, A STAND UP MOTHER (We TV). David also developed the feature-length true crime documentary, KILLER LEGENDS (Chiller, Video On Demand), as well as developed and sold two comedic game show pilots (both for MTV, one starring Flula Borg from “The Suicide Squad”).
Prior to development, David ran the casting departments for several seasons of Warner Brothers/Telepictures’ syndicated reality dating series, ELIMIDATE and MTV’s wildly popular over-the-top teen party docuseries, MY SUPER SWEET 16.
In addition, David possesses a strong background in sketch and improvisational comedy, having studied under the tutelage of The Upright Citizens Brigade. Founding members Amy Poehler (NBCs PARKS & RECREATION) and Matt Walsh (HBOs VEEP) were among his teachers. He has performed at many of the top comedy clubs in NYC, including Gotham Comedy Club, Carolines on Broadway, Stand Up New York, and more. His sense of humor comes in very handy when developing projects, working with talent, and communicating ideas.
David has a B.A. in Telecommunications from Indiana University, Bloomington.
Get all the help you need.
Select from the options below to begin the journey of bringing your project to the Hollywood market.
Pitch a Producer
By Application OnlyPitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to David Levitt. If your application is accepted, David Levitt will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone - you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. David Levitt will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to
Read more »
Pitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to David Levitt.
If your application is accepted, David Levitt will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone – you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. David Levitt will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to the film/TV industry.
Do you have a book, screenplay, treatment or story idea?
Have you been told it would make for an awesome movie, TV show or web series?
If so, then you’ve probably experienced the age-old paradox that every creator without an agent or connections in the industry faces… you can’t gain access without a track record, yet you can’t get a track record without access.
Voyage solves this problem by giving you 1-on-1 access to A-list producers who make deals in Hollywood everyday.
What will be covered during your call:
• 1-Hour One-On-One Pitch Call – Pitch your project, your vision, and why you think your project would work on screen
• Pitch & Project Feedback – You’ll be given direct and actionable feedback on your pitch and story strengths and weaknesses, including actionable insights on the most marketable aspects of your story or book.
• Project Roadmap – Whether your story is ready for the screen or needs some work, your producer will lay out creative and business steps you’ll need to take to set yourself up for success in the entertainment and/or publishing industries. You will get to keep the physical copy of your Project Roadmap after your call.
• Bonus: 20-minute 1-on-1 Strategic Assessment Call – During this call, you’ll connect with our Director of Project Acquisitions to brainstorm innovative approaches to maximize your project’s potential in the market.
What to expect:
1. Everyone with a story is invited to apply, whether your idea is only in your head, or fully baked as a book or screenplay (and anywhere in between)
2. After clicking the button below, you will be brought to our online application. Plan to spend about 15 minutes completing it.
3. We will review your application and we will be in touch with you within 3 business days with instructions for next steps.
“I would recommend this to writers and authors who are willing and able to work with others and partner together to produce something that can be sold to Hollywood. Voyage provides everything you need to find a producer that matches your needs and pitch your project. It’s a very simple and effective process”
– Joe Bebo, author