THE BLACKCOAT’S DAUGHTER
WHAT I’M LOOKING FOR:
ELEVATED, character driven HORROR or dark and edgy THRILLERS. Contained SCI-FI.
After graduating with his MFA in Playwriting from USC, Christian Armogida began working in film at Village Roadshow Pictures where he was trained in Development and Physical Production. A lifelong horror nut, Christian put himself in the orbit of all the genre pictures VRP was working on with Dark Castle/Silver Pictures. In 2007, he moved on to Rogue Pictures, the genre division of Focus Features and Universal Pictures. Following Rogue’s sale to Relativity Media in 2008, Christian then found his next job as Director of Development with Unbroken Pictures, an independent production company that focuses on elevated horror. Christian worked closely on projects such as He’s Out There, There Are Monsters, and Grim Night. He was also an Associate Producer on Bryan Bertino’s Mockingbird and Oz Perkins’ The Blackcoat’s Daughter (FKA February), which Christian discovered and helped develop. This project was shot in Ottawa and sold at TIFF in 2015.
Most recently Christian has gone independent and created his own label, Nightshade Entertainment, which focuses on elevated horror and dark and edgy thriller material. Under Nightshade, Christian produced the eighties set Satanic Panic thriller We Summon the Darkness, which was directed by Marc Meyers (My Friend Dahmer) and starred Alexandra Daddario and Johnny Knoxville. The movie is in post and is currently out to festivals. Christian also set up the Blood List project The Importance of Blood by James Breen with Circle of Confusion and Gary Michael Schultz (Vincent n Roxxy) is attached to direct. Lastly, Christian set up his Blood List project Curfew by Dick Grunert with Unique Features.
One claim Christian can make is that he’s had an active part in developing more scripts that have appeared on the Blood List than any other producer.
Get all the help you need.
Select from the options below to begin the journey of bringing your project to the Hollywood market.
Pitch a Producer
By Application OnlyPitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to Chris Armogida. If your application is accepted, Chris Armogida will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone - you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. Chris Armogida will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to
Read more »
Pitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to Chris Armogida.
If your application is accepted, Chris Armogida will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone – you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. Chris Armogida will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to the film/TV industry.
Do you have a book, screenplay, treatment or story idea?
Have you been told it would make for an awesome movie, TV show or web series?
If so, then you’ve probably experienced the age-old paradox that every creator without an agent or connections in the industry faces… you can’t gain access without a track record, yet you can’t get a track record without access.
Voyage solves this problem by giving you 1-on-1 access to A-list producers who make deals in Hollywood everyday.
What will be covered during your call:
• 1-Hour One-On-One Pitch Call – Pitch your project, your vision, and why you think your project would work on screen
• Pitch & Project Feedback – You’ll be given direct and actionable feedback on your pitch and story strengths and weaknesses, including actionable insights on the most marketable aspects of your story or book.
• Project Roadmap – Whether your story is ready for the screen or needs some work, your producer will lay out creative and business steps you’ll need to take to set yourself up for success in the entertainment and/or publishing industries. You will get to keep the physical copy of your Project Roadmap after your call.
• Bonus: 20-minute 1-on-1 Strategic Assessment Call – During this call, you’ll connect with our founder to brainstorm innovative approaches to maximize your project’s potential in the market.
What to expect:
1. Everyone with a story is invited to apply, whether your idea is only in your head, or fully baked as a book or screenplay (and anywhere in between)
2. After clicking the button below, you will be brought to our online application. Plan to spend about 15 minutes completing it.
3. We will review your application and we will be in touch with you within 3 business days with instructions for next steps.
“I would recommend this to writers and authors who are willing and able to work with others and partner together to produce something that can be sold to Hollywood. Voyage provides everything you need to find a producer that matches your needs and pitch your project. It’s a very simple and effective process”
– Joe Bebo, author