STEP 2: Scroll down to select this producer
Catherine Malatesta and Bryan Taw
WHAT I’M LOOKING FOR
ANIMATION, CHILDREN’S, FAMILY, YOUNG ADULT AND THRILLER in scripted film and non scripted TV formats
Cathy Malatesta and Bryan Taw together bring over 50 years of experience developing, producing, marketing and licensing entertainment properties. Together they specialize in the creation, production, co-production, distribution, marketing and merchandising of both animated and live-action programming throughout the world.
As the senior vice president at Warner Brothers International Television Production, a global development, finance, production and distribution company, Ms. Malatesta created a new corporate division for the purpose of developing globally appealing television programming in partnership with broadcasters, governments and independent producers worldwide. In this role, she produced more than 200 hours of series, made for TV movies, documentaries and sitcom formats with over 10 partners worldwide, and sold programs to more than 140 countries. In addition, Ms. Malatesta produced the syndicated television series POLICE ACADEMY; THE NEW ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD for TNT; TERROR IN THE MALL for Fox Network; the syndicated animated series, ZORRO; and the sitcom MARTIN in partnership with TV Azteca/Mexico.
Ms. Malatesta was the vice president and general manager of Westinghouse Broadcasting International, a global development, finance, production and distribution company. During her tenure, she created and managed in-house international production and produced documentary programs for Discovery Channel, Travel Channel and Lifetime Television, as well as over 300 hours of animation, made for TV movies and series both domestically and internationally. Ms. Malatesta’s most notable achievement was the production of the TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES television series, which generated more than $8 billion in gross sales worldwide.
Mr. Taw joined Ms. Malatesta in the International Television Department at Warner Bros. Previously he had been the Production Coordinator at On The Scene Productions, where he oversaw the production and satellite distribution division. He has been a consultant with a variety of companies, doing extensive work on the distribution, marketing and merchandise licensing on several animation projects for both domestic and international production companies. He has also worked with companies on the distribution and marketing of films and live-action television series in the international market.
Since leaving Warner Bros., Ms. Malatesta and Mr. Taw have developed, produced, distributed and merchandised animation and live action properties worldwide. They have worked with companies a wide variety of companies such as Amazon, PBS and the BBC. They have recently developed and produced A DAY WITH WITZY with Plazastyle Japan and ADVENTURES IN DUCKPORT with Mondo TV in Italy and developed THE BLABLA HOUSE with Amazon.
Get all the help you need.
Select from the options below to begin the journey of bringing your project to the Hollywood market.
Pitch a Producer
By Application OnlyPitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to Catherine Malatesta and Bryan Taw. If your application is accepted, Catherine Malatesta and Bryan Taw will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone - you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. Catherine Malatesta and Bryan Taw will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map
Read more »
Pitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to Catherine Malatesta and Bryan Taw.
If your application is accepted, Catherine Malatesta and Bryan Taw will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone – you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. Catherine Malatesta and Bryan Taw will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to the film/TV industry.
Do you have a book, screenplay, treatment or story idea?
Have you been told it would make for an awesome movie, TV show or web series?
If so, then you’ve probably experienced the age-old paradox that every creator without an agent or connections in the industry faces… you can’t gain access without a track record, yet you can’t get a track record without access.
Voyage solves this problem by giving you 1-on-1 access to A-list producers who make deals in Hollywood everyday.
What will be covered during your call:
• 1-Hour One-On-One Pitch Call – Pitch your project, your vision, and why you think your project would work on screen
• Pitch & Project Feedback – You’ll be given direct and actionable feedback on your pitch and story strengths and weaknesses, including actionable insights on the most marketable aspects of your story or book.
• Project Roadmap – Whether your story is ready for the screen or needs some work, your producer will lay out creative and business steps you’ll need to take to set yourself up for success in the entertainment and/or publishing industries. You will get to keep the physical copy of your Project Roadmap after your call.
• Bonus: 20-minute 1-on-1 Strategic Assessment Call – During this call, you’ll connect with our Director of Project Acquisitions to brainstorm innovative approaches to maximize your project’s potential in the market.
What to expect:
1. Everyone with a story is invited to apply, whether your idea is only in your head, or fully baked as a book or screenplay (and anywhere in between)
2. After clicking the button below, you will be brought to our online application. Plan to spend about 15 minutes completing it.
3. We will review your application and we will be in touch with you within 3 business days with instructions for next steps.
“I would recommend this to writers and authors who are willing and able to work with others and partner together to produce something that can be sold to Hollywood. Voyage provides everything you need to find a producer that matches your needs and pitch your project. It’s a very simple and effective process”
– Joe Bebo, author