STEP 2: Scroll down to select this producer
8 SIMPLE RULES DISJOINTED
What I’m Looking For:
COMEDY, FAMILY, ANIMATION, SCRIPTED TV, A POINT OF VIEW.
Bill Daly has been a television writer and producer for two decades and has written for eleven network comedies, including Mike and Molly starring Emmy-Award winning actress Melissa McCarthy, 8 Simple Rules starring the late John Ritter, and Gary Unmarried starring Jay Mohr.
Experienced in both multi-cam and single-cam half-hour formats, Bill has written and produced comedy series that have aired on CBS, NBC, ABC and Netflix. In addition to his own half-hour pilots — which were sold to ABC Family, Touchstone Television, Universal Studios, and CBS Studios — Bill has developed comedies with actors Courtney Cox, Keegan Michael Key and comedian Brad Williams.
During his 20-year career, Bill has collaborated with (and learned from) notable Hollywood directors and producers, including James Burrows (Cheers) Chuck Lorre (Big Bang Theory), Heline and Heisler (The Middle) and Mutchnick and Kohan (Will and Grace).
Prior to breaking into sitcom writing, Bill performed as a stand-up comic and one half of the comedy team Daily Cry. A strong collaborator, he has spent countless hours in joke punch-up sessions and comedy writers rooms and enjoys helping others develop their ideas into television series — from pitch to pilot script.
Bill is a graduate of Emerson College and member of the Writers Guild of America.
Get all the help you need.
Select from the options below to begin the journey of bringing your project to the Hollywood market.
Pitch a Producer
By Application OnlyPitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to Bill Daly. If your application is accepted, Bill Daly will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone - you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. Bill Daly will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to
Read more »
Pitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to Bill Daly.
If your application is accepted, Bill Daly will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone – you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. Bill Daly will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to the film/TV industry.
Do you have a book, screenplay, treatment or story idea?
Have you been told it would make for an awesome movie, TV show or web series?
If so, then you’ve probably experienced the age-old paradox that every creator without an agent or connections in the industry faces… you can’t gain access without a track record, yet you can’t get a track record without access.
Voyage solves this problem by giving you 1-on-1 access to A-list producers who make deals in Hollywood everyday.
What will be covered during your call:
• 1-Hour One-On-One Pitch Call – Pitch your project, your vision, and why you think your project would work on screen
• Pitch & Project Feedback – You’ll be given direct and actionable feedback on your pitch and story strengths and weaknesses, including actionable insights on the most marketable aspects of your story or book.
• Project Roadmap – Whether your story is ready for the screen or needs some work, your producer will lay out creative and business steps you’ll need to take to set yourself up for success in the entertainment and/or publishing industries. You will get to keep the physical copy of your Project Roadmap after your call.
• Bonus: 20-minute 1-on-1 Strategic Assessment Call – During this call, you’ll connect with our Director of Project Acquisitions to brainstorm innovative approaches to maximize your project’s potential in the market.
What to expect:
1. Everyone with a story is invited to apply, whether your idea is only in your head, or fully baked as a book or screenplay (and anywhere in between)
2. After clicking the button below, you will be brought to our online application. Plan to spend about 15 minutes completing it.
3. We will review your application and we will be in touch with you within 3 business days with instructions for next steps.
“I would recommend this to writers and authors who are willing and able to work with others and partner together to produce something that can be sold to Hollywood. Voyage provides everything you need to find a producer that matches your needs and pitch your project. It’s a very simple and effective process”
– Joe Bebo, author