STEP 2: Scroll down to select this producer
WHAT I’M LOOKING FOR
ADVENTURE, COMEDY, HISTORY, SOCIAL IMPACT PROJECTS IN SCRIPTED TV, UNSCRIPTED/DOCUMENTARY TV, FEATURE FILMS, FEATURE DOCUMENTARIES, REALITY TV, SHORT FORM DIGITAL and/or BRANDED.
Aaron Semmel is a development executive and producer with over twenty years of experience, his work has won WGA Awards, Golden Globes, and Emmys. Working with some of the biggest names in Hollywood, Semmel creates and produces all forms of content, from scripted and unscripted television, to feature films, as well as digital content and live events.
After studying Film Production and Creative Writing at Columbia College in Chicago, Semmel started as grip on the set of a Roger Corman television series titled BLACK SCORPION. Semmel went on to work at Morgan Creek Productions, one of the largest independent film companies in the world. Working closely with development, production, marketing, and distribution, Semmel helped to produce such feature films as THE GOOD SHEPHERD, MAN OF THE YEAR, GEORGIA RULE and SYDNEY WHITE.
Semmel moved into the world of television production as Director of Scripted Development. Semmel developed dozens of scripted television and feature film projects, including the feature film 10 RULES TO SLEEPING AROUND, the comedy pilot WHITEY (A&E), as well as the mini-series TEXAS RISING (HISTORY). Semmel also helped make unscripted television series such as GENE SIMMONS FAMILY JEWELS (A&E), DOGG AFTER DARK (MTV), TEACH: TONY DANZA (A&E), SINBAD: IT’S ALL ABOUT FAMILY (WeTV).
Semmel traveled to Romania in 2011 to Co-Produce HATFIELDS & McCOYS, directed by Kevin Reynolds and starring Kevin Costner and Bill Paxton. Airing on History, the miniseries became the highest rated ad-supported program in basic cable history, as well as winning five Emmy’s, two Golden Globes and was nominated for many more awards.
Semmel now runs his own company, which creates, develops and produces television, films, branded content and live events. Semmel created and Executive Produced BIG KENNY AND FAMILY, an unscripted special with country music star Big Kenny Alphin of BIG & RICH for the TLC Network. Semmel also created and Executive Produced an unscripted dog training special for Nat Geo Wild titled BOSS DOG. In the Digital Space, Semmel Co-Executive Produced three web series for Snoop Dogg’s cannabis centric MerryJane.com.
Recently, Semmel worked closely with Kevin Costner on the development of several feature films and television projects. Semmel and Costner partnered with Toyota to create and produce branded content, as well as the development of a potential documentary adventure series.
Get all the help you need.
Select from the options below to begin the journey of bringing your project to the Hollywood market.
Pitch a Producer
By Application OnlyPitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to Aaron Semmel. If your application is accepted, Aaron Semmel will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone - you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. Aaron Semmel will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to
Read more »
Pitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to Aaron Semmel.
If your application is accepted, Aaron Semmel will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone – you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. Aaron Semmel will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to the film/TV industry.
Do you have a book, screenplay, treatment or story idea?
Have you been told it would make for an awesome movie, TV show or web series?
If so, then you’ve probably experienced the age-old paradox that every creator without an agent or connections in the industry faces… you can’t gain access without a track record, yet you can’t get a track record without access.
Voyage solves this problem by giving you 1-on-1 access to A-list producers who make deals in Hollywood everyday.
What will be covered during your call:
• 1-Hour One-On-One Pitch Call – Pitch your project, your vision, and why you think your project would work on screen
• Pitch & Project Feedback – You’ll be given direct and actionable feedback on your pitch and story strengths and weaknesses, including actionable insights on the most marketable aspects of your story or book.
• Project Roadmap – Whether your story is ready for the screen or needs some work, your producer will lay out creative and business steps you’ll need to take to set yourself up for success in the entertainment and/or publishing industries. You will get to keep the physical copy of your Project Roadmap after your call.
• Bonus: 20-minute 1-on-1 Strategic Assessment Call – During this call, you’ll connect with our Director of Project Acquisitions to brainstorm innovative approaches to maximize your project’s potential in the market.
What to expect:
1. Everyone with a story is invited to apply, whether your idea is only in your head, or fully baked as a book or screenplay (and anywhere in between)
2. After clicking the button below, you will be brought to our online application. Plan to spend about 15 minutes completing it.
3. We will review your application and we will be in touch with you within 3 business days with instructions for next steps.
“I would recommend this to writers and authors who are willing and able to work with others and partner together to produce something that can be sold to Hollywood. Voyage provides everything you need to find a producer that matches your needs and pitch your project. It’s a very simple and effective process”
– Joe Bebo, author