OUT OF AFRICA
Wendy Margolis is an independent producer and former studio executive with extensive development and production experience. She spent more than 14 years as an executive at Columbia Pictures, Universal Pictures, and Walt Disney Pictures. She has supervised the development, production, and release of countless films.
As a Vice President of Production at Columbia Pictures, Margolis was the
executive in charge of The Karate Kid, Ghostbusters, Blue Thunder, Jagged Edge, Tootsie (in-house development) and Gandhi, Educating Rita, Das Boot, A Passage To India (acquisitions).
As a Senior Vice President of Production at Universal Pictures, she supervised the development of over 250 projects a year and was the executive in charge of Out of Africa, Sea Of Love, Mask, Fletch, The Secret Of My Success and Gorillas In The Mist.
As an Executive Vice President of Production at Columbia Pictures, Wendy
supervised all projects in development including Boyz In The Hood and A League Of Their Own.
After 11 years as a corporate executive, she segued to an independent producer and consultant with Walt Disney Pictures. Here she consulted on numerous film projects and developed Up Close and Personal.
After taking some time off to raise a family, Wendy is back at work producing a television series based on “How The West Was Won” at Warner Brothers, and co-writing an original series for HBO. She is developing an American adaptation of the hit BBC show, “Waiting For God.” Wendie also co-created the “Cinderella Story” franchise for Disney for which Freeform just made the 4th sequel. Wendy loves working one-on-one with writers, and she is interested in all genres, except horror.
Get all the help you need.
Select from the options below to begin the journey of bringing your project to the Hollywood market.
Pitch A Producer
By Application OnlyPitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to Wendie Margolis. If your application is accepted, Wendie Margolis will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone - you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. Wendie will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic roadmap for how best to develop and market it to the film/TV
Read more »
Pitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to Wendie Margolis.
If your application is accepted, Wendie Margolis will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone – you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. Wendie will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic roadmap for how best to develop and market it to the film/TV industry.
Do you have a book, screenplay, treatment or story idea?
Have you been told it would make for an awesome movie, TV show or web series?
If so, then you’ve probably experienced the age-old paradox that every creator without an agent or connections in the industry faces… you can’t gain access without a track record, yet you can’t get a track record without access.
Voyage solves this problem by giving you 1-on-1 access to A-list producers who make deals in Hollywood every day.
What will be covered during your call:
• 1-Hour One-On-One Pitch Call – Pitch your project, your vision, and why you think your project would work on screen
• Pitch & Project Feedback – You’ll be given direct and actionable feedback on your pitch and story strengths and weaknesses, including actionable insights on the most marketable aspects of your story or book.
• Project Roadmap – Whether your story is ready for the screen or needs some work, your producer will lay out creative and business steps you’ll need to take to set yourself up for success in the entertainment and/or publishing industries. You will get to keep the physical copy of your Project Roadmap after your call.
• Bonus: 20-minute 1-on-1 Strategic Assessment Call – During this call, you’ll connect with our founder to brainstorm innovative approaches to maximize your project’s potential in the market.
What to expect:
1. Everyone with a story is invited to apply, whether your idea is only in your head, or fully baked as a book or screenplay (and anywhere in between)
2. After clicking the button below, you will be brought to our online application. Plan to spend about 15 minutes completing it.
3. We will review your application and we will be in touch with you within 3 business days with instructions for next steps.
“I would recommend this to writers and authors who are willing and able to work with others and partner together to produce something that can be sold to Hollywood. Voyage provides everything you need to find a producer that matches your needs and pitch your project. It’s a very simple and effective process”
– Joe Bebo, author