BEYOND THE REACH
WE HAVE ALWAYS LIVED IN THE CASTLE
What I’m Looking For:
DRAMA, FAMILY, and THRILLER content in the FEATURE FILM and SCRIPTED TV/MINISERIES formats.
Robert Mitas is a film producer and screenwriter. Robert ran Furthur Films, the production company of Academy Award-winning actor/producer Michael Douglas from 2010-2017.
During his tenure at Furthur, Robert was responsible for development, production and delivery of all film and television projects. His producing credits include FLATLINERS (2017), BEYOND THE REACH (2015), and WE HAVE ALWAYS LIVED IN THE CASTLE (2019). Robert Mitas will also executive produce the upcoming Netflix series RATCHED (2020), based on the iconic film ONE FLEW OVER THE CUKOO’S NEST.
Previously, Robert served as Creative Executive for the company, managing the development slate and serving as the senior Story Analyst. In total, Mr. Mitas spent over fifteen years working with the legendary actor and producer.
Recently, Robert sold his debut script JUKO to 3311 Productions. The project is slated for production fourth quarter 2018.
When he is not pursuing his love of storytelling, Robert is found on the softball fields of the San Fernando Valley, coaching his daughter’s fastpitch team. Robert also serves on the Board of Trustees for Chatsworth Hills Academy, and non-profit, preschool-eighth grade, independent school.
Robert is a graduate of the film program at California State University Northridge. He continues to lecture as a guest speaker and serve as an advisor for senior projects at the university. Robert recently received the alumni Cinematheque Award for his supportive efforts.
“I consider myself lucky to work in this creative industry that I love, and I enjoy sharing my experience and tradecraft with others. I believe everyone has a story to tell, it is only a matter of unlocking that potential!” -Robert M.
Get all the help you need.
Select from the options below to begin the journey of bringing your project to the Hollywood market.
Pitch A Producer
By Application OnlyPitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to Robert Mitas. If your application is accepted, Robert Mitas will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone - you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. Robert Mitas will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to
Read more »
Pitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to Robert Mitas.
If your application is accepted, Robert Mitas will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone – you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. Robert Mitas will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to the film/TV industry.
Do you have a book, screenplay, treatment or story idea?
Have you been told it would make for an awesome movie, TV show or web series?
If so, then you’ve probably experienced the age-old paradox that every creator without an agent or connections in the industry faces… you can’t gain access without a track record, yet you can’t get a track record without access.
Voyage solves this problem by giving you 1-on-1 access to A-list producers who make deals in Hollywood everyday.
What will be covered during your call:
• 1-Hour One-On-One Pitch Call – Pitch your project, your vision, and why you think your project would work on screen
• Pitch & Project Feedback – You’ll be given direct and actionable feedback on your pitch and story strengths and weaknesses, including actionable insights on the most marketable aspects of your story or book.
• Project Roadmap – Whether your story is ready for the screen or needs some work, your producer will lay out creative and business steps you’ll need to take to set yourself up for success in the entertainment and/or publishing industries. You will get to keep the physical copy of your Project Roadmap after your call.
• Bonus: 20-minute 1-on-1 Strategic Assessment Call – During this call, you’ll connect with our founder to brainstorm innovative approaches to maximize your project’s potential in the market.
What to expect:
1. Everyone with a story is invited to apply, whether your idea is only in your head, or fully baked as a book or screenplay (and anywhere in between)
2. After clicking the button below, you will be brought to our online application. Plan to spend about 15 minutes completing it.
3. We will review your application and we will be in touch with you within 3 business days with instructions for next steps.
“I would recommend this to writers and authors who are willing and able to work with others and partner together to produce something that can be sold to Hollywood. Voyage provides everything you need to find a producer that matches your needs and pitch your project. It’s a very simple and effective process”
– Joe Bebo, author