Dylan Dog: Dead of Night
What I’m Looking For:
DRAMA, FANTASY, HORROR, SCI-FI, THRILLER/MYSTERY, and HISTORICAL/PERIOD content in the FEATURE FILM and SCRIPTED TV/MINISERIES formats.
Dan ran development for Platinum Studios for nearly a decade, spearheading studio projects like Cowboys & Aliens, indie films like Dylan Dog: Dead of Night and television series like Showtime’s Jeremiah.
Since leaving Platinum in 2011, he has served as a consultant for Arcana Studios, overseeing both their animated and live-action projects. He has a variety of comic book and non-comic projects set up around town, like Amnesia at FilmNation with Chris McBride writing and directing and Gofers at Syfy/FTVS with Matt Nix showrunning. He recently produced Fortune Rookie for IFC starring Janet Varney and Fred Armisen and works as a consultant for Drama 3/4, a production company with projects in both the digital and traditional spaces. He is also partnered with Big Machine, an award-winning VFX company, on a slate of films designed as Chinese co-productions.
Prior to producing, Dan worked as a professional stuntman and fight choreographer for nearly 20 years. His work has been featured in Oscar-nominated films like Master & Commander: The Far Side of the World and Letters From Iwo Jima as well as box office tentpoles like Pirates of the Caribbean and Spiderman 3. Dan graduated magna cum laude from the University of Southern California and received his Master’s degree from York University in Toronto.
Get all the help you need.
Select from the options below to begin the journey of bringing your project to the Hollywood market.
Pitch A Producer
By Application OnlyPitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to Daniel Forcey. If your application is accepted, Daniel Forcey will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone - you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. Daniel Forcey will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to
Read more »
Pitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to Daniel Forcey.
If your application is accepted, Daniel Forcey will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone – you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. Daniel Forcey will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to the film/TV industry.
Do you have a book, screenplay, treatment or story idea?
Have you been told it would make for an awesome movie, TV show or web series?
If so, then you’ve probably experienced the age-old paradox that every creator without an agent or connections in the industry faces… you can’t gain access without a track record, yet you can’t get a track record without access.
Voyage solves this problem by giving you 1-on-1 access to A-list producers who make deals in Hollywood everyday.
What will be covered during your call:
• 1-Hour One-On-One Pitch Call – Pitch your project, your vision, and why you think your project would work on screen
• Pitch & Project Feedback – You’ll be given direct and actionable feedback on your pitch and story strengths and weaknesses, including actionable insights on the most marketable aspects of your story or book.
• Project Roadmap – Whether your story is ready for the screen or needs some work, your producer will lay out creative and business steps you’ll need to take to set yourself up for success in the entertainment and/or publishing industries. You will get to keep the physical copy of your Project Roadmap after your call.
• Bonus: 20-minute 1-on-1 Strategic Assessment Call – During this call, you’ll connect with our founder to brainstorm innovative approaches to maximize your project’s potential in the market.
What to expect:
1. Everyone with a story is invited to apply, whether your idea is only in your head, or fully baked as a book or screenplay (and anywhere in between)
2. After clicking the button below, you will be brought to our online application. Plan to spend about 15 minutes completing it.
3. We will review your application and we will be in touch with you within 3 business days with instructions for next steps.
“I would recommend this to writers and authors who are willing and able to work with others and partner together to produce something that can be sold to Hollywood. Voyage provides everything you need to find a producer that matches your needs and pitch your project. It’s a very simple and effective process”
– Joe Bebo, author