STEP 2: Scroll down to select this producer
What I’m Looking For:
ROM-COM, FAMILY, FAMILY COMEDIES, DRAMA, THRILLER in TV MOVIE and MINISERIES.
J.B. White has been a writer/producer of TV movies and miniseries for over 25 years. He has worked on both original material and adaptations (fiction and non-fiction) and in a variety of genres, including romantic comedy A RING BY SPRING, thriller TIES THAT BIND, true crime WE HAVE YOUR HUSBAND, drama A FRIEND’S BETRAYAL, biopic (HEFNER: UNAUTHORIZED), action (COUNTERSTRIKE!), holiday THE THANKSGIVING HOUSE, and horror HOUSE OF FRANKENSTEIN.
He has written/produced/developed projects with and for, among others, NBC, CBS, The Hallmark Channel, Lifetime, USA, FX, TBS, and VH1. He has worked with a wide range of producing partners, including Lionsgate, Davis Entertainment, MGM, New Line, and Michael Douglas’ Furthur Films.
His projects have consistently attracted great actors, including Anna Chlumsky (THREE WEEKS, THREE KIDS); Marcia Gay Harden, Treat Williams and Olympia Dukakis (GUILTY HEARTS); William Baldwin (BE MY VALENTINE and (LEAD WITH YOUR HEART), and Elizabeth Banks, Chris Messina and Jesse Tyler Ferguson (ORDINARY SINNER).
PETER BENCHLEY’S THE BEAST, which he adapted for NBC, was the highest-rated, most-watched miniseries on U.S. television the year it premiered. In 2015, his psychological horror thriller MISBEGOTTEN was honored by the Writers Guild of America. In addition to the WGA, he is a member of the Television Academy and the Writers Guild of Canada. He attended Stanford University.
He enjoys drawing upon his extensive professional experience to help others bring their ideas, books, stories, etc. to life, and his focus is always practical: to develop projects that have a competitive chance of being sold and produced.
Get all the help you need.
Select from the options below to begin the journey of bringing your project to the Hollywood market.
Pitch a Producer
By Application OnlyPitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to J.B. White. If your application is accepted, J.B. White will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone - you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. J.B. White will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to
Read more »
Pitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to J.B. White.
If your application is accepted, J.B. White will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone – you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. J.B. White will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to the film/TV industry.
Do you have a book, screenplay, treatment or story idea?
Have you been told it would make for an awesome movie, TV show or web series?
If so, then you’ve probably experienced the age-old paradox that every creator without an agent or connections in the industry faces… you can’t gain access without a track record, yet you can’t get a track record without access.
Voyage solves this problem by giving you 1-on-1 access to A-list producers who make deals in Hollywood everyday.
What will be covered during your call:
• 1-Hour One-On-One Pitch Call – Pitch your project, your vision, and why you think your project would work on screen
• Pitch & Project Feedback – You’ll be given direct and actionable feedback on your pitch and story strengths and weaknesses, including actionable insights on the most marketable aspects of your story or book.
• Project Roadmap – Whether your story is ready for the screen or needs some work, your producer will lay out creative and business steps you’ll need to take to set yourself up for success in the entertainment and/or publishing industries. You will get to keep the physical copy of your Project Roadmap after your call.
• Bonus: 20-minute 1-on-1 Strategic Assessment Call – During this call, you’ll connect with our Director of Project Acquisitions to brainstorm innovative approaches to maximize your project’s potential in the market.
What to expect:
1. Everyone with a story is invited to apply, whether your idea is only in your head, or fully baked as a book or screenplay (and anywhere in between)
2. After clicking the button below, you will be brought to our online application. Plan to spend about 15 minutes completing it.
3. We will review your application and we will be in touch with you within 3 business days with instructions for next steps.
“I would recommend this to writers and authors who are willing and able to work with others and partner together to produce something that can be sold to Hollywood. Voyage provides everything you need to find a producer that matches your needs and pitch your project. It’s a very simple and effective process”
– Joe Bebo, author