STEP 2: Scroll down to select this producer
MTV’s JOKING OFF
WHAT IM LOOKING FOR:
COMEDY, ANIMATION, ACTON/ADVENTURE, ROMANCE, SCI-FI, THRILLER IN FEATURE and TV FORMATS. PODCAST and REALITY FORMATS (LATE NIGHT, GAME).
Charles has become an integral player in content creation from conception through production. He cut his teeth developing & producing television formats, discovering emerging talent and creating a wide variety of both linear & non-linear programming. He is currently Co-Executive Producer of Kevin Hart’s CELEBRITY GAME FACE and prior, served as MTV & VH1’s Senior Director of Alternative Programming where he shepherded late-night comedy formats such as MTV’s SAFEWORD. Aside from television, he also is currently creating digital branded entertainment spots for online audiobook and podcast services.
Prior to professionally working in the industry, Charles started his first production company in college where he and his collaborators produced/directed music videos for artists such as Of Montreal, Lil Jon, and Janelle Monae. Since then, Charles and his collaborators have developed and/or produced series for homes such as ABC, MTV, Kevin Hart’s LAUGH OUT LOUD, QUIBI, and Youtube Originals.
Charles got his start in the working in the industry in New York City and diving into the Stand-Up Comedy scene where he created a network of collaborators for scripted, unscripted, and live comedy projects. At the time, Charles oversaw development at various production companies and created original content in the comedy, music, and culture space. He Co-Created and Co-Executive produced the comedy series MTV’s JOKING OFF where up-and-coming comedians roasted the funniest viral videos, memes, and images from the web. The show featured host DeRay Davis (21 JUMP STREET, BARBERSHOP, SNOWFALL) and comedy-duos such as Desus and Mero (Showtime).
From there, he developed/produced a high volume of pilots and development projects both independently and at companies such as Viacom, STX Entertainment, and Ace Content. He supervised production on the pilot BIG FAN for ABC, a series which was a spin-off of a Jimmy Kimmel late-night sketch. Other projects include FAT N’ FURIOUS (Discovery Channel), a talk-show pilot with Amber Rose, and a sketch comedy pilot with Wanda Sykes’ production company. Recently on the scripted side, Charles wrote/directed the dark-comedy short film CHARLIE CHEDDARS which is currently at festivals with awards including Best Cinematography (Toronto Independent Film Festival), Best Editing (Austin Comedy Film Festival) and Official Selection (Chicago Indie Film Awards).
Get all the help you need.
Select from the options below to begin the journey of bringing your project to the Hollywood market.
Pitch a Producer
By Application OnlyPitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to Charles Goubeaud. If your application is accepted, Charles Goubeaud will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone - you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. Charles Goubeaud will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to
Read more »
Pitch your book adaptation, film/TV idea, or script concept directly to Charles Goubeaud.
If your application is accepted, Charles Goubeaud will review your short submission, then spend an hour with you by phone – you’ll pitch your story and share your vision and goals. Charles Goubeaud will then provide you with insight into which market your story is best suited, and deliver a written strategic road map for how best to develop and market it to the film/TV industry.
Do you have a book, screenplay, treatment or story idea?
Have you been told it would make for an awesome movie, TV show or web series?
If so, then you’ve probably experienced the age-old paradox that every creator without an agent or connections in the industry faces… you can’t gain access without a track record, yet you can’t get a track record without access.
Voyage solves this problem by giving you 1-on-1 access to A-list producers who make deals in Hollywood everyday.
What will be covered during your call:
• 1-Hour One-On-One Pitch Call – Pitch your project, your vision, and why you think your project would work on screen
• Pitch & Project Feedback – You’ll be given direct and actionable feedback on your pitch and story strengths and weaknesses, including actionable insights on the most marketable aspects of your story or book.
• Project Roadmap – Whether your story is ready for the screen or needs some work, your producer will lay out creative and business steps you’ll need to take to set yourself up for success in the entertainment and/or publishing industries. You will get to keep the physical copy of your Project Roadmap after your call.
• Bonus: 20-minute 1-on-1 Strategic Assessment Call – During this call, you’ll connect with our Director of Project Acquisitions to brainstorm innovative approaches to maximize your project’s potential in the market.
What to expect:
1. Everyone with a story is invited to apply, whether your idea is only in your head, or fully baked as a book or screenplay (and anywhere in between)
2. After clicking the button below, you will be brought to our online application. Plan to spend about 15 minutes completing it.
3. We will review your application and we will be in touch with you within 3 business days with instructions for next steps.
“I would recommend this to writers and authors who are willing and able to work with others and partner together to produce something that can be sold to Hollywood. Voyage provides everything you need to find a producer that matches your needs and pitch your project. It’s a very simple and effective process”
– Joe Bebo, author